Celebrate America Recycles Day with CET
By Morgan O’Connor, Marketing and High Performance Building EcoFellowToday is America Recycles Day! According to the EPA the United States recycles at a rate of around 34.3%, and with your help we can raise that even more! Recycling and composting are growing industries accounting for 757,000 jobs and $36.6 billion in wages, as well as an additional $6.7 billion in tax revenue. That is roughly 1.57 jobs for every 1,000 tons of material recycled! By increasing the amount we recycle we can conserve natural resources, while strengthening our economy!
For more information on recycling and composting check out our posts below!
- Recycling in Action – Tour of Springfield Materials Recycling Facility
- Recycling Works in Massachusetts – Tool to locate Recyclers or Composters near you for whatever you are trying to recycle!
- Reduce, Reuse, REPAIR, Recycle
- Composting: The Greenest (and Brownest) Way to Recycle
- Composting at Martin’s Farm: Helping to Close the Loop on Food Waste
- Vermicomposting for Everyone!
Construction & Demolition Waste