Creative Reuse Project: Door Knob Picture Holders
For our latest creative reuse project, we have transformed door knobs into vintage picture holders! This simple DIY project utilizes many items you already have around your house; we got our salvaged crystal door knobs from EcoBuilding Bargains in Springfield! A vintage photo holder is a great way to display family portraits, yearbook photos, notes, invitations, and more.
- Door knob
- Wire cutters
- Jewelry pliers
- Hot glue gun
- Scrap felt or fabric
- Optional: paint, other decorative supplies
- After cleaning off your door knob, cut a piece of wire that is around 12-15 inches long.
- Secure the wire to the back side of the door knob by threading it through the holes and around the metal plate. Depending on your knob, this step may differ slightly!
- Bring the wire to the center of the door knob and bend so that the remaining wire stretches upright. It may help to use a piece of tape to hold the wire in place.
- Using jewelry pliers, twist the wire into a series of loops until you reach the end. The loops at the top are what will secure the photo, so make sure to push them nice and tight together!
- To cover up the base wire, we used a hot glue gun to attach a piece of scrap felt. We cut a slit on one side so that it would easily fit around the wire that extended vertically.
- At this point, you are ready to put your photo in the holder! Of course, you can always add additional paint or decorations.Check out all of our creative reuse projects for even more ideas! And stop by EcoBuilding Bargains to get supplies.