Fourth Annual EcoBuilding Bash!
EcoBuilding Bargains is hosting its fourth annual EcoBuilding Bash on Saturday, May 11th, from 12:00PM-4:00PM! This is a free and family-friendly event to celebrate our customers. This year, the Bash will focus on the reuse movement, upcycling techniques, and how to use reclaimed building materials effectively. We also want to provide our customers with the opportunity to speak with industry experts regarding home improvement and energy efficiency during workshops on:
- Kitchen Design- Design House 413 will demonstrate how to measure and install a reclaimed kitchen cabinet into your home.
- DIY/Upcycling-Bird Hill Farm will provide several examples of projects and a process discussion related to creative reuse projects. This workshop will also include a demonstration and hands-on activity using reclaimed lumber, hardware, and paint from our showroom!
- Green Building- J & R Contractors will present on their current LEED certified project, and how they have been able to adjust and reuse reclaimed products throughout all stages of the construction process.
There will be lots going on, including:
- Free Hamburgers and Hot Dogs (vegetarian and gluten-free options available upon request)
- Free face painting by Zap Dazzle Studio
- Live entertainment and raffle prizes from The River
- Vermicomposting demonstrations
- Live voting on our Reuse Rockstar competition entries
- Crafting for all ages
- Local craft beer from Powder Hollow Brewery
EcoBuilding Bargains, a non-profit enterprise of the Center for EcoTechnology, has served the local community for 16 years, (originally as the ReStore Home Improvement Center). EcoBuilding Bargains is the largest used and surplus building materials store in New England. Materials are donated from across the region, keeping nearly 500 tons of material out of the landfill every year.
Check out our Facebook event for more information. We hope to see you there!