Make Your Home Energy Efficient
Making your home more energy efficient increases your comfort and puts money back in your wallet. A home energy assessments by a trained professional will help you find the best ways to reduce your drafts or add insulation; or try any number of instant saving measures that will reduce your energy consumption today.
All homes can be energy efficient and comfortable
Looking for simple things you can do today that offer instant savings?
- Turn off lights whenever you’re not in the room.
- Install a power strip to turn off all of your unused electronics.
- Hang your clothes outside and let the sun and air dry your clothes for free.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Add a timer in your shower to help you take shorter showers.
- Install low flow water fixtures to instantly reduce your water consumption.
- Shop for energy efficient products and save with CET! You can purchase energy efficient lighting at our EcoBuilding Bargains store in Springfield or through our online Energy Federation Storefront.
- Consider looking into if solar panels would be a good fit for your home. Solar Access is offering affordable, renewable energy, see if you can benefit from Solar Access today!
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Do you need insulation in your attic or walls?
- Is your home drafty?
- Do you have old, inefficient heating and/or hot water equipment?
- Have you installed a programmable thermostat? Or need help with settings?
- Have you changed your lights to compact fluorescent lamps (cfls) or LED bulbs?
- Do you have an old, inefficient refrigerator or air conditioner?
- Interested in receiving up to $2000 toward insulating your home? Or a 0% loan to replace an inefficient heating system?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, don’t wait for another high heating or electric bill.
Learn more about your No-cost Home Energy Assessment! Mass Save™ offers a no-cost home energy assessment by a trained professional and attractive financial incentives to help you make these efficiency improvements and more at no and low cost to you. Find out today how CET staff can help you get started.