CET helps people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We make green make sense.
The Center for EcoTechnology is seeking five qualified college graduate candidates for an 11-month paid fellowship position to work with our staff to carry out a range of activities related to climate action initiatives and educational programming in western Massachusetts. The EcoFellows will support CET’s initiatives to assist residents, students, institutions and businesses across the region in ongoing programs in energy efficiency, home energy services, renewable energy, and waste reduction through recycling, reuse and composting.
The EcoFellowship begins with a full orientation and in-depth trainings by CET professionals in subjects related to above programs, professional development exploring a variety of environmental topics throughout the fellowship and bi-weekly mentoring sessions. EcoFellows are offered in-depth career development support during the fellowship.
EcoFellows will be based in CET’s Northampton office, with travel expected between CET locations and into local communities.
EcoFellows work cross-departmentally, but are given specific areas of focus:
- Communications – including social media, video production, graphic design, and content generation
- Community Outreach & Engagement – including tabling, presentations, educational outreach, and data tracking and reporting
- Building Science – including shadowing energy-efficiency projects, attending professional trainings, and generating content for external communications and case studies.
- Program Operations – including data tracking, regional waste-reduction programs, and shadowing waste and energy specialists
- We are looking for creative and energetic college graduates (bachelor degree required) with an interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies, climate change, recycling and resource conservation. Previous experience through volunteering, internships and/or professional work is required.
- Commitment to the entire Fellowship program, from August 5, 2019 to June 30, 2020, is required. EcoFellows have a graduation ceremony on Saturday, June 27.
- Fellows work a flexible schedule (40 hours/week) that requires evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Computer skills required, experience in creative uses of social media and/or graphic design preferred.
- Driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation is required.
- Ability to lift and move 30lb will be required as necessary for certain placements.
- Background checks and drug testing will be required for all positions.
- CET is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
EcoFellowship Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: Pays $13/hour for 40 hours/week (for the duration of the program), with an additional $2,000 bonus at the completion of the program.*
- Benefits: Health Insurance; paid sick, holiday and vacation; 403(b), supplies and mileage reimbursement
- Professional Development: Two-week orientation; monthly professional development opportunities, opportunity to attend conferences, networking and career development
*Bonus will not be paid if, in the opinion of the Director, either the quality of the work performed was unacceptable or the EcoFellow failed to comply with CET policies and procedures.
Application Process: Rolling applications are accepted until February 17
- Initial interviews are conducted through March 1 by phone
- Second interviews will be scheduled throughout March. In-person interviews are strongly suggested, but can be done by Skype if necessary.
Hiring Process: Position placements will be offered by early-April
EcoFellowship Placement: August 5, 2019 to June 30, 2020
EcoFellowship Graduation: Saturday, June 27, 2020
The Center for EcoTechnology helps people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. For over 40 years, we’ve offered proven advice and resources to save you money, make you more comfortable at home, and help your business perform better. We make green make sense! Working with partners throughout the region, we’re helping transform the way we live and work for a better community, economy, and environment – now and for the future. We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. We serve residents, business and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains.