Box Truck Driver
Center for EcoTechnology/EcoBuilding Bargains
Do you have an excellent driving record and experience driving a box truck? Do you understand the value of salvaged building materials? Do you want to make a difference? EcoBuilding Bargains is looking for a Box Truck Driver to help us with our mission of keeping used building materials out of the landfill and making them available to the community at great bargains.
The Box Truck Driver will:
- Drive the box truck to destinations throughout the region to pick up or deliver a wide range of building materials, home furnishings, and appliances.
- Load cargo and secure it effectively using blocks and tie ropes as needed.
- Prepare receipts for load pick-up.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Unload truck upon return to EcoBuilding Bargains.
- Comply with all DOT regulations including maintaining truck log and paperwork according to state and federal regulations.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Maintain truck in safe, clean working order.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
The Box Truck Driver works Tuesdays through Saturdays driving a non-CDL box truck throughout the region. Working as part of a team, the truck makes pickups and deliveries to individuals, construction sites and businesses.
What We Offer
This full-time non-exempt job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match.
What You Offer
You should be hard working, reliable, and have an excellent attendance record. You have a clean, valid Massachusetts driver’s license and have the ability to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, drug test and driving record check. You have two years of driving experience and are able to drive a 24’ box truck. High School/GED required.
You must be able to perform work safely including in year-round outdoor weather conditions, construction sites, and variable home sites. This job has a lot of heavy lifting! You must be able to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
You must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse customers. You will need the ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, with the ability to use computer systems and iPad and access databases.
EcoBuilding Bargains is the largest used building materials store in New England and is an enterprise of the Center for EcoTechnology. The store’s mission is to keep thousands of tons of trash out of landfills by making salvaged building materials, furnishings and appliances available to people looking for quality bargains. When you apply, you may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis. CET is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diverse applicants.