Online Marketplace Lister and Sales Representative
Website Center for EcoTechnology/EcoBuilding Bargains
Do you have experience listing and selling on eBay or other e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace? Do you want to help the environment? Do you believe in conservation and recycling? If you answered “yes,” then this Online Marketplace Lister and Sales Representative is the job you have been looking for.
EcoBuilding Bargains is an enterprise of the Center for EcoTechnology, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We are hiring an eBay Lister and Sales Representative who will be responsible for working with us as we expand our e-commerce presence on eBay and other online platforms. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
- Implements and maintains the online sales process for EcoBuilding Bargains.
- Creates and posts product listing titles and descriptions on eBay and other e-commerce sites such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and our website.
- Thoroughly researches Google and other websites to find accurate product information and details.
- Answers and responds to customer inquiries, responds appropriately to customer questions and logistics.
- Takes quality pictures of items and uploads to eBay and other e-commerce platforms.
- Keeps track of inventory.
- Processes orders within established deadlines.
- Tracks and records all sales activity in appropriate databases.
- Works with operations department on fulfillment of services and, if needed, investigate order discrepancies.
- Ships orders to customers.
- Interacts with eBay customer service.
- Provides accurate information to retail and warehouse teams when handing off sales.
- Communicates in a timely fashion for all sales order confirmation emails.
- Works cross functionally to ensure all elements of the order, sales, and after sales support are being fulfilled.
- Represents the sales department by participating in interdepartmental teams. Interacts with other departments in a positive, effective, and supportive manner.
What We Offer
We would prefer a full time employee, but will consider someone part-time such as a college student who can devote a minimum of 20 hours per week. Full and part time employees get paid time off including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; full time employees get medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and AD&D insurance; access to and vision insurance and disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
You bring experience to this position:
- Open minded, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and be trained.
- Skill of a team player.
- A minimum of 2 years’ e-commerce experience preferably with eBay. Will consider candidates with Amazon, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and/or web-based store experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of antiques, period pieces, and building materials preferred but not required
- Upcycling experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as ability to master new software programs.
- Experience taking pictures of products for upload to marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Facebook, or Craigslist
You have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with a proven record of providing a high level of customer service. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required with the ability to creatively describe items for sale. Must have the ability to present a positive and professional impression while interacting with a diverse population.
In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions. CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.