Website Center for EcoTechnology
We make green make sense
The Payroll/Accounting Assistant processes payroll and accounts payable and receivable. This positions responds to inquiries from a variety of sources including employees, auditors, customers and vendors, skillfully investigating discrepancies and resolving issues and concerns.
The Payroll/Accounting Assistant provides valuable support to the Center for EcoTechnology, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
- The Payroll/Accounting Assistant coordinates and maintains payroll, accruals and deductions in payroll software. Records bi-weekly payroll and processes according to schedule. Maintains reporting function in payroll software and produces reports as scheduled and needed.
- Identifies and verifies transaction information for payables and receivables. Maintains data in appropriate software and ensures audit trail. Provides timely and accurate processing. Inputs credits and debits into the accounting system. Schedules and prepares disbursements. Identifies transaction information, computes charges and refunds, and prepares invoices.
- Reviews outstanding accounts receivable aging and prepares statements. Communicates with customers as needed. Posts accounting transactions in the General Ledger. Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal, state or federal requirements.
- The Payroll/Accounting Assistant works with fiscal and human resources on any special projects as assigned.
What We Offer
The Payroll/Accounting Assistant is a full-time hourly non-exempt position. This job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and AD&D insurance; access to and vision insurance and disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We are serious and professional about what we do, and we cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
The Payroll/Accounting Assistant has a commitment to CET’s non-profit environmental mission.
- You have minimum 3 year of payroll experience
- You have a minimum of 1 year of data management and accounting experience.
- This position uses QuickBooks, SharePoint, Excel and other database software. Experience in these environments strongly preferred.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple customers and priorities.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills required.
- Experience maintaining accurate records and confidentiality required.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment. Work style should be flexible, self-directed, professional, hard-working, patient and problem-solving
This office is located in Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts. In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.