Sales Associate – Salvaged Building Materials FT/PT
Center for EcoTechnology/EcoBuilding Bargains
Are you excited about reuse and its many environmental benefits? Do you want to help thousands of other people reuse salvaged building materials? Are you looking to make an impact and to grow over time in the environmental field?
The non-profit Center for EcoTechnology is looking for a Sales Associate for its used building materials store, EcoBuilding Bargains. The Sales Associate will provide excellent customer service and education to our retail customers. The Associate will also be responsible for developing relationships with customers, providing them with product knowledge, design ideas, and construction remodeling education in order to create a unique shopping experience. This position will play a key role in meeting aggressive mission impact goals.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Applies knowledge and experience of remodeling and building materials. Using a sales-driven approach with a well-crafted delivery, explains CET’s/EcoBuilding Bargains’ mission and the potential opportunities for reuse of building materials
- Establishes rapport and provides customer service over the phone or in person while conveying CET’s/EcoBuilding Bargains’ principles and values to customers
- Maintains active and ongoing communication with the store operations and management teams. Provides consistent updates in regards to status of sales, service issues, or customer concerns
- Acquire knowledge of building materials, including kitchen cabinetry, doors, and windows, deconstruction and construction practices, and how to apply to the reuse industry
- Upcycling salvaged building materials
- Team building
- Great attitude with the willingness to be creative
What We Offer
We have Full and Part-Time openings. Full Time positions come with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. Part Time positions have paid sick time, vacation time, holiday time, and the opportunity to participate in the retirement plan.
We cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
You have a college degree and at least 2 years of sales experience or 1 year of work experience in the remodeling, kitchen/interior design, or building materials industry. Excellent verbal communication skills with the desire to advance within CET and its various programs and services.
You must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. You must be able to work within a collaborative environment. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
EcoBuilding Bargains is the largest used building materials store in New England and is an enterprise of the Center for EcoTechnology. The store’s mission is to keep thousands of tons of trash out of landfills by making salvaged building materials, furnishings, and appliances available to people looking for quality bargains. When you apply, you may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis. CET is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diverse applicants.